Thursday 24 January 2013

Cheese Muffins

I love a cheese muffin, but when I say cheese muffin, I mean CHEESE muffin. When every single bite is packed with chewy, cheesy flavour.

Often when I go to a baby shower or kitchen tea, the invitation states to bring a plate of eats. When you get there, you find the table heaving with cake and sweet treats. So bringing a savoury plate is a welcome change and these muffins 'whoosh' off the table.

I made these cheese muffins in paper cases, but in hindsight I'd grease the muffin pans instead and forget about the paper cases. Then you can cut the muffins in half, decorate with cream cheese and smoked salmon and arrange on a platter.

Ingredients

1 egg
190ml milk
250ml cake flour
10ml baking powder
375ml cheddar cheese, grated
2ml dry mustard powder
1ml cayenne pepper (optional)


Method

Preheat the oven to 220°C and grease a muffin pan.
Beat the egg and add the milk.
Sift all dry ingredients, add the cheese, then add the egg mixture. 
Mix well to make a thick batter.
Spoon mixture into muffin pan until ¾ full.

Bake at 220°C for 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment